Here’s an easy dessert that can be served as is or with a delicious and quick chocolate topping. Great to make for guests, birthdays, holidays, “just because” or even for the summer holiday of Shavuot. It’s more figure friendly than the typical cheesecake and fun to eat as a “mini”.
- Place 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl; add 3 Tbls. sugar and mix with 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter using a fork.
- Take 20 paper liners and place in two muffin pans (recipe makes 20 mini cheesecakes); place 1 Tbls. of crust mixture in each muffin cup and flatten with a spoon. Set aside.
4 packages low-fat cream cheese (“Neufchâtel” type), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup egg substitute (or 4 eggs)
1 Tbls. lemon juice
- In food processor combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla; add eggs and pulse after each one; add lemon juice and pulse a few times.
- Fill each muffin cup almost to top with filling.
- Bake 325°F for 30 minutes. Knife inserted should come out clean. Cool.
- Place 1/3 cup heavy cream in small pan; heat to boiling; remove from heat.
- Add to cream 3 oz. of bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces; let stand for 5 minutes then whisk to mix; cool.
- As topping for mini cheesecakes, spread 1 tbls. of chocolate topping on top of each cheesecake; spread with back of spoon. Chill in fridge.