These two dishes combined or served separately will be your “go-to” for a quick and easy meal. You can be sure your kids will love the Quick Veggie Mac & Cheese!
Quick Veggie Mac & Cheese
2 boxes Organic Mac & Cheese
1 ½ cups fresh vegetables (broccoli florets, cauliflower, thinly sliced carrots, spinach, etc. Your Pick!)
3 Tbls. unsalted butter
2-3 Tbls. grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare macaroni according to instructions on the box: add veggies to macaroni in boiling water and cook for 9 minutes; drain; return to the pot and add butter.
- Mix all ingredients and add Parmesan cheese.
Great topped with Roasted Salmon Balls (see below). This makes a great Sunday night dinner or anytime you want a quick comfort-food meal!
Roasted Salmon Balls
2 6 oz. cans boneless and skinless salmon, drained
1 Tbls. grated onion (incl. juice)
2 – 2 ½ Tbls. mayonnaise
1 Tbls. fresh dill, chopped
Zest from ½ lemon
1 Tbls. lemon juice
1 Tbls. yellow mustard
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. salt (optional)
¼ cup( or slightly less) dried Italian bread crumbs
Additional Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 ° F. Mix all ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready, form small balls in hand and roll; dredge lightly in bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; spray tops of balls with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 or 9 minutes; broil for last 5 minutes until golden brown.
Can be served on top of Quick Veggie Mac & Cheese for an easy supper.
Can also be served as a “Noshable”, appetizer with a yogurt-dill dipping sauce.