Just in time for your summer BBQs and get togethers, this salad is easy and delicious! It is mayonnaise free and heart healthy. You can add in other ingredients such as sliced canned artichokes and or different veggies if you like. It is also good with tuna or salmon pieces mixed in. A perfect lunch for the office!
½ box of dry pasta (rigatoni, macaroni, rotini or other short pasta)
1 cup fresh green beans cut into 2” pieces
1 cup of small tomatoes (red, yellow, or mixed) cut in half or quarters
½ cup (or more) of sliced black olives
3 Tbls. Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette dressing (recipe follows)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes; add green beans and cook both for an additional 8-10 minutes (or less if you like “al dente”); drain in a colander and run under cold water until pasta and beans are cool.
- Place both in a bowl; add tomatoes (and artichokes if using) and black olives.
- Toss with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette and enjoy.
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
2 Tbls. lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2-3 Tbls. olive oil (add more if desired)
1/8 – ¼ tsp. sugar
Pinch or two of salt
- In small bowl, whisk lemon juice and mustard together; gradually stream in olive oil.
- Add seasonings to taste at end and give one more stir.