Just in time for the Seder, here is an easy Pareve “noshable” (appetizer) that you can serve to your guests right before the Seder. It is light, delicious and it’s a winner!
Ingredients: 2 Matzah Boards/12 pieces
1 14 oz. can artichokes in liquid (not marinated), drained
1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
2 heaping Tbls. mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon zest
2-3 Tbls. chopped fresh chives
¼-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In food processor, chop artichokes and sliced black olives; set aside in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon zest, chives, and Dijon mustard. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Lightly dampen two matzah boards and put onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; spread matzah boards with mixture spreading evenly. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 ° F. Cut into large squares or rectangles and serve.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled for a larger quantity.
- Artichoke mixture can be made a day ahead.