These have to be the most delicious and easy macaroons ever! You’ll take them to another level if you dip them in melted chocolate or drizzle with hazelnut spread or if do both, you’ll be the queen or king of the Seder!!
1 Tbls. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 300° F; line baking sheet with parchment paper
- While egg whites are almost beaten, add sugar and vanilla and continue beating until peaks are formed. Do not over beat.
- Fold in coconut and mix; drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Can be dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Melt ½ cup semi-sweet chips in microwave until melted on 75% power for 1 minute. When cool, take back of tablespoon, dip in chocolate and spread on bottom of macaroons; chill in refrigerator.
- Can also drizzle with hazelnut spread; take 2 heaping teaspoons of hazelnut spread and place in bowl; add two tablespoons of water and stir until thinned. Should be consistency of melted chocolate. Place in Ziploc bag, pushing to lower corner; make a small cut at tip and then drizzle over macaroons by squeezing bag; chill in refrigerator.
- Combine the two steps above, awesome!!