If you are looking for a quick “go-to” meal when you have no time to cook, this recipe will become a favorite. It usually takes me about 10 minutes from start to finish. Get creative: add different sauces or serve it up in different ways, it’s a multi-tasker!
1 lb. ground chicken
2 tbls. olive oil
¼ cup finely diced red pepper (can also
use a combination of red & yellow or green peppers)
2 handfuls of shredded carrots
½ small onion, finely diced
2 Tbls. each finely chopped fresh dill and fresh
½ – 1 tsp. garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté peppers, carrots and onion in olive oil on medium high heat for about 5 minutes in a frying pan.
- Push vegetables to the side of the pan and add the ground chicken. Stir frequently at medium high until most of meat is no longer pink for about 6 minutes; reduce heat to low.
- Juices from the chicken will accumulate in the pan keeping the meat moist. Add in dill, parley, garlic and salt and pepper and continue cooking for another 5 minutes until flavors are incorporated.
- Served over Rice Pilaf as an entrée
- Chill and use as filling for “noshable” in lettuce cups
You can also add some Teriyaki Sauce such as “Soy Vey”. I usually start with 1 tbls. and add more to taste.